DEAC – A District-Level Planning and Decision Making Team
What is the DEAC?
Based on TEC Code 11.251(b), the DEAC is a district level committee that participates in the planning and decision making process including establishing and reviewing the district’s:
- Educational plans,
- Performance objectives, and
- Major classroom instructional programs.
May 26, 2020
Guidelines for DEAC Questions Submission
- Submit general questions regarding the planning and decision-making process:
- Educational Plans
- Performance Objectives
- Instructional Programs
- Do not submit questions of a personal nature that involve naming specific individuals
- Concerns that can be responded to at the campus level should follow the established process (i.e. a teacher does not have enough desks in the classroom, please reach out to campus staff to resolve)
- Campus requests that can be resolved using the district’s work order process should not be submitted (i.e. a wall needs to be painted)